AOA News prepares you for a year of change
For optometrists, 2014 promises to be a year of change. Not only will major provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) take effect Jan. 1, 2014, but ICD-10 and other updates are also on their way.
To help you prepare, AOA News offers a special final issue dedicated to health care reform—including the challenges and opportunities that come with it. This special issue covers the many legislative, regulatory, clinical and technological factors that will affect your practice in the next 12 months.
- ACA reforms such as health insurance marketplaces, the Harkin provider nondiscrimination provision and the pediatric optometric care essential benefit
- Health information technology such as the Medicare Electronic Health Records program's new Stage 2 meaningful use standards and interconnectivity requirements
- Conversion to the ICD-10-CM coding system for clinical diagnoses
- Accelerating development of coordinated care models such as accountable care organizations (ACOs)
- Stringent new "evidence-based" health care practice standards
- Sunshine Act reporting requirements for industry payments to health care providers.
This special edition of AOA News offers the perspective necessary to understand long-term health care trends. It also provides the critical information you need now to meet pressing deadlines and adapt practices to immediate change in the health care system.
AOA News will be mailed to association members the last week of December.