Doctors can now enroll staff as AOA associate members
All non-ODs working for AOA member ODs may now become AOA associate members thanks to a motion approved by the AOA House of Delegates at Optometry's Meeting® in San Diego in June, 2013.
This change ensures access to all traditional Paraoptometric Section member benefits and services at no membership cost to the paraoptometric, and no added membership cost to the AOA-member optometrist. It also opens the door to expanded education and training for approximately 75,000 optometric staff members across the country. Among the many benefits are:
- Online continuing education (CE) articles worth six hours of CE credits
- Paraoptometric Skill Builder® Beginner Level 1 program
- Billing and coding webinar series
- Access to member-only web pages
- Discounted fees for paraoptometric education materials
- Reduced registration fees for Optometry's Meeting®
The Commission on Paraoptometric Certification (CPC) status will not be affected by this change; the CPC will continue to operate without any changes.
To enroll staff:
- Log-in to www.aoa.org
- Under the Optometrist tab, click on My Profile/My AOA
- Click on the "Manage Staff" tab
- Enter information for each staff person (non-OD)
You will need:
- Legal name of staff (as appears on Driver's License)
- Date of Birth
- Unique email address for each staff person
For questions or assistance contact the Paraoptometric Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-365-2219, ext. 4108.