Report of Actions of the
Accreditation Council on Optometric Education
at the ACOE Fall Meeting
February 8-10, 2008
March 11, 2008
At its February 8-10, 2008 Winter meeting in Alexandria, Virginia, the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education took the following actions:
NOTE: The date behind the names of the programs below is the next currently scheduled full evaluation visit.
- Preaccreditation Actions
Candidacy pending status granted following review of the program’s self-study:
Classification of “Preliminary Approval” granted following a full evaluation visit:
- Lexington Veterans Affairs Medical Center Residency in Primary Eye Care, which is affiliated with Indiana University School of Optometry;
- Robert J. Dole Veterans Affairs Medical Center Residency in Primary Eye Care and Low Vision, which is affiliated with University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Optometry;
- Western University of Health Sciences College of Optometry Professional Optometric Degree Program (2010);
- Initial Accreditation
- Continuing Accreditation
Classification of “Accredited” continued following a full evaluation visit:
- Omni Eye Services of Atlanta Residency in Ocular Disease, which is affiliated with University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry (2014);
- Omni Eye Services, New Jersey Residency in Ocular Disease, which is affiliated with Pennsylvania College of Optometry (2014);
- Pacific University College of Optometry Professional Optometric Degree Program (2015);
- Reinstatement of Accreditation.
- Withdrawal of accreditation by ACOE*
- VA Caribbean Healthcare System, Residency in Geriatrics and Visual Impairment Rehabilitation, which is affiliated with Inter American University of Puerto Rico School of Optometry
- Voluntary withdrawal of accreditation
* Withdrawal of accreditation is not final until the ACOE appeals process has been exhausted, or until 30 days from notification of the withdrawal action.