The Paraoptometric Resource Center is the nation's largest organization serving the needs of optometric assistants and technicians.
AOA Paraoptometric Resource Center Mission Statement
The American Optometric Association Paraoptometric Resource Center will seek to ensure that the education and training for all paraoptometrics is consistent with and reflects the growth of the paraoptometric profession.
Who are Paraoptometrics?
Paraoptometrics are allied health professionals who assist optometrists in providing their highest level of vision care to patients. Front office procedures, chair-side assisting, pre-testing, contact lens instruction, frame styling and fitting, and vision therapy are just a few of the many duties paraoptometrics perform while working directly with an optometrist.
Benefits Available to Members
- Opportunity to earn six free continuing education credits
- Access to Paraoptometric Skill Builder® Beginner Level 1
- Access to Webinar Rewind featuring free, online billing and coding training
- Discounts on staff development and certification study materials
- Access to education topics in the Article Archive
- Paraoptometric quarterly e-newsletter
- AOA News online
- First Look
- AOA blog
- Email updates
- AOA Annual Report
View the New Member Handbook