Essential Fatty Acids
- Birch EE, Hoffman DR, Uauy R, Birch DG, and Prestidge C. Visual acuity and the essentiality of docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acid in the diet of term infants. Pediatr Res 44: 201-209, 1998.
- Chew, E. (2007). “Age-related eye disease study 2 protocol.” National Eye Institute Protocol 07-EI-0025.
- Cho E. et al. (2001). “Prospective study of dietary fat and the risk of age-related macular degeneration.” Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 73: 209-218.
- Connor W.E., et al. (1992). “Essential fatty acids: the importance of n-3 fatty acids in the retina and brain.” Nutr Rev 50(4): 21-29.
- Hodge W, Barnes D, Schachter HM, Pan Y, Lowcock EC, Zhang L, Sampson M, Morrison A, Tran K, Miguelez M, and Lewin G. Effects of omega-3 fatty acids on eye health. Evidence report/technology assessment (Summary) 1-6, 2005.
- SanGiovanni JP, and Chew EY. The role of omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in health and disease of the retina. Prog Retin Eye Res 24: 87-138, 2005.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory. USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 20 (2007). Nutrient Data Laboratory Home Page, http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp