Grilled Chicken and Mangos on Baby Greens
Especially rich in: vitamin C, vitamin E, lutein/zeaxanthin, folate, and zinc
Also rich in: plant-based omega-3s, fiber, B vitamins, iron, and potassium
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 four-ounce skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" strips
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 8 cups baby lettuce
- 1 /2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 /2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1 large mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, minced
- Marinade: In a blender, whip soy sauce, oil, ginger, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Place chicken in a shallow pan and pour marinade over top. Turn to coat, cover, and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- Dressing: Blend ingredients (lemon juice and peel, oil, honey, and salt/pepper). Set aside for flavors to blend.
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and cook on each side for 2 minutes, or until done. Remove from heat.
- In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce, onions, and peppers. Add dressing and toss thoroughly.Divide onto 4 salad plates, top with chicken strips and mango. Sprinkle with mint leaves.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information (per serving): 291 Calories; 33 % fat (10.6 g total, 1.7 g saturated), 192 mg omega-3s, 28 % carbohydrate (20.4 g), 39 % protein (28.4 g), 66 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 77 mg vitamin C, 2.3 mg vitamin E, 1.3 mg zinc, 598 mg sodium.