Rum-flavored Kiwi, Pineapple, Orange Toss with Coconut and Chopped Nuts
Especially rich in: vitamin C
Also rich in: fiber, folate, magnesium, and potassium
Although fresh pineapple is best, canned in its own juice will work in a pinch.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons coconut
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar, Splenda, and water until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Add lime juice and rum extract.
- Place fruit in a medium bowl, add coconut and sugar water. Toss thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Place fruit mixture in 4 parfait glasses, top with chopped nuts, and serve.
Makes 4 servings (approx. 1 1/4 cups each).
Nutritional Information (per serving): 199 Calories; 31 % fat (6.8 g total, 2.6 g saturated), 62 mg omega-3s, 62 % carbohydrate (30.8 g), 7 % protein (3.5 g), 0 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 118 mg vitamin C, 1.6 mg vitamin E, 0.5 mg zinc, 6.7 mg sodium.