Hosting a CPOT Practical Examination
- Eight exam lanes with 4 rooms having a chair and projector in each and 4 rooms with chair and counter in each – all 8 must have sinks or access to a sink within the immediate area.
- Additional area able to accommodate four people working on lensometers (which are provided by CPC). This space must be able to set people a minimum of two feet apart.
- A floor plan must be provided to the CPC Examination Administrator prior to approval for hosting practical.
- Candidate holding area with seating for at least 15 people (i.e. patient reception room).
- A room able to accommodate lunch for approximately 20 people (i.e. lunch room, cafeteria).
- Must be willing to dedicate a Friday or Saturday as determined by CPC for testing purposes with setup the day prior to testing.
- A responsible and detailed site coordinator from the facility needs to be assigned. This will be the person in charge of securing examiners, patients, organizing the facility and other duties as described in the site coordinator’s handbook. NOTE: MUST NOT BE A CANDIDATE.
- Adequate parking for all candidates and examination personnel.
- Private area for the exam administrator to work in during the examination (i.e. office, private room) that is close to the testing area.
- Facility must have liability insurance.
- Doctor willing to be accessible during the examination as the Doctor on Duty.
- A minimum of 12 candidates is required.
American Optometric Association.
All Rights Reserved.