About the AOA
The American Optometric Association has an immediate opening for an Application Developer. The Application Developer will provide a wide range of development functions, including analyzing and resolving issues, translating business requirements into technical requirements, converting data, building reports and queries, testing, performing upgrades and supporting the integration of third party and in-house applications. Successful candidate will serve as a developer and administrator for the Association Management System (AMS); extend the AMS to meet future business needs for our internal staff, affiliates and members and work with business units, project teams, IT staff and vendor partners to achieve the successful implementation of well-designed technical solutions.
Knowledge and Skills Required are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university with emphasis in information systems or computer science, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Demonstrated quality approach to the software development process
- 3+ years experience in the database administration of Microsoft SQL Servers
- 3+ years experience in database programming using stored procedures and triggers
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, data marts, data mining and related components, concepts and software.
- T-SQL, SQL and scripting
- SAP Business Objects
- Crystal Reports
- Backup and Recovery
- Database design and modeling
- Database creation and tuning
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- May be required to travel one or two times per year
Core Competencies include:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting ability required.
- Ability to explain policies and procedures, and establish effective working relationships required.
- Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Ability to make sound, logical judgments.
- Ability to analyze data, communicate with stakeholders and develop recommendations for solving problems while exhibiting realistic understanding of issues.
- Ability to recommend professional best practices in information technology for non-profits and associations.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
Desirable Experience is shown below:
- Professional associations and association management systems
- Workflow development and Business Process Improvement (BPI)
- Web Services, SOAP, XML
- MS Visual Studio 2005/2008
- MS SharePoint Database Administration
- Object Oriented analysis and design
- SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS)
Qualified candidates may go to following link to post your resume and apply: