Join the AOA Paraoptometric Section
For only $63 per year, (military personnel membership fee is $38 per year) an AOA Paraoptometric Section member is entitled to the following membership benefits, plus more :
- Six hours of FREE continuing education credit (CEC) opportunities every year
Where else would you be able to get CECs for free? Eighteen hours of CECs are required every three years for CPC re-certification. The Paraoptometric Section offers a fast and convenient way to earn your CECs online! You may also access the Continuing Education Archive Articles to view more CE opportunities.
- PS-e-zine Newsletter – the section’s quarterly online newsletter
Did you miss out on the FREE Paraoptometric Recognition Week kits or nomination information for the Paraoptometric of the Year Award? The PS e-newsletter provides the latest in information from the section on new programs, services and news from around the country concerning the profession of paraoptometry. As a PS member will also receive AOA online publications such as the AOA News, AOA-TV, and other communications.
- Access to the Paraoptometric Skill Builder ® (PSB) Online Training Program
The PSB Beginner Level 1 course is FREE to PS Members. It helps paraoptometrics develop a foundation of understanding about the field of optometry, and the job-related paraoptometric responsibilities. The Intermediate Level 2 units will be available soon for purchase on CD-ROM. The Intermediate Level 2 units provide an opportunity to earn four hours of CPC-approved continuing education. (procesing fee applies)
- Reduced registration fees at Optometry’s Meeting®
Optometry’s Meeting® offers quality education and certification for the paraoptometric. Fifty hours of education will be offered this year covering topics on practice management, contact lens, and optical. Review courses for paraoptometric certification will be offered, as well as the examinations. Whether you are a new or seasoned professionals, you may benefit from this education opportunity – and save – with PS membership. Early-bird registration fees for PS members are reduced to only $50 while non-members fees are $125. PS members save more on registration at Optometry’s Meeting® ($75) than they spend on annual section dues ($63). You will benefit long after Optometry’s Meeting® is over.
- Discounts on AOA PS materials, including study guides for certification and education modules
For a limited time only, a new PS member will receive the “Introduction to Freeform” education module FREE (a $45 value) with a new PS membership. You can save anywhere from $15 to $50 per item ordered by being a PS member.
- Membership pin and certificate for display in your office What better way to have patients recognize you as a trained professionals than with this visual reminder. Each day patients know you care enough to provide the very best in patient care.