- Access to Care: Read the Health Policy Institute Paper
- AOA’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- AOA’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force
- AOA Special Report: Being Black in Optometry
- Board of Trustees Statements
- Opportunities in Optometry Grants
- Diversity in Your Practice: Suggestions for Further Reading
A successful practice takes a village—doctors of optometry and paraoptometric staff—to make it work and even prosper. Toward that end, the AOA has created a trove of practice management tools and services that can power practices forward in a profession and health care landscape that increasingly demands doctors practice at their highest levels and creates greater opportunities to develop and empower paraoptometric staff. These days, change is out of necessity.
A recent #AskAOA webinar, hosted by the AOA Third Party Center, offered helpful advice for how doctors can address and respond to clawbacks.
Most states require health care providers, including doctors of optometry, to report cases of abuse of children and elderly adults. AOA members are invited to attend an important webinar on the serious subject of human trafficking.