The legislative and policy-making body of the American Optometric Association is the House of Delegates, which is established and functions as provided in the bylaws. The administrative body of this association is the Board of Trustees, which implements the policies established by the House of Delegates and performs such duties as are prescribed in the bylaws.
- Constitution and Bylaws
- House of Delegates resolutions and substantive motions
- House of Delegates procedures
House of Delegates
Optometry's Meeting® 2022: Wednesday, June 15-Saturday, June 18
For more than a century, optometry’s preeminent assembly of leaders and decision makers has led the advancement of our profession. Join us as the House of Delegates discusses the latest in optometry and essential governance updates, the most up-to-date news from the AOA Board of Trustees and the presentation of awards. All members are invited to attend each session, including the election and installation of the AOA Board of Trustees. Hear the latest in advocacy news and accomplishments and get a glimpse at the future of optometry from your AOA leaders.
2022 House of Delegates documents
Agenda & handbook
Resolutions submitted to the House of Delegates:
- Eye Deserve More Awareness (Submitted by Board of Trustees)
- Support for the American Optometric Student Association – Amending Resolution 2008-A (Submitted by Board of Trustees)
- Support for the American Optometric Student Association – Amending Resolution 2008-D (Submitted by AOSA)
- Future Practice Initiative – Amending Resolution 2011 (Submitted by Board of Trustees)
A survey, conducted by the AOA Research & Information Committee, provides insights on current myopia management practices by doctors of optometry and reveals an opportunity for education on the subject. The results of the survey were published by the AOA’s Health Policy Institute on Nov. 30.
While audio-only codes have been reimbursed under Medicare for the past few years, changes may be coming.