The legislative and policy-making body of the American Optometric Association is the House of Delegates, which is established and functions as provided in the bylaws. The administrative body of this association is the Board of Trustees, which implements the policies established by the House of Delegates and performs such duties as are prescribed in the bylaws.
- Constitution and Bylaws
- House of Delegates resolutions and substantive motions
- House of Delegates procedures
House of Delegates
Optometry's Meeting® 2022: Wednesday, June 15-Saturday, June 18
For more than a century, optometry’s preeminent assembly of leaders and decision makers has led the advancement of our profession. Join us as the House of Delegates discusses the latest in optometry and essential governance updates, the most up-to-date news from the AOA Board of Trustees and the presentation of awards. All members are invited to attend each session, including the election and installation of the AOA Board of Trustees. Hear the latest in advocacy news and accomplishments and get a glimpse at the future of optometry from your AOA leaders.
2022 House of Delegates documents
House of Delegates information
Agenda & handbook
Offices to be filled by election
Proposed constitution and bylaws amendment
Resolutions submitted to the House of Delegates:
- Eye Deserve More Awareness (Submitted by Board of Trustees)
- Support for the American Optometric Student Association – Amending Resolution 2008-A (Submitted by Board of Trustees)
- Support for the American Optometric Student Association – Amending Resolution 2008-D (Submitted by AOSA)
- Future Practice Initiative – Amending Resolution 2011 (Submitted by Board of Trustees)
Most asked coding questions: dilation
The AOA’s experts provide answers to the questions your colleagues are asking.
AOA makes robust rebuttal to FTC over proposed changes to Eyeglass Rule
During the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC’s) recent comment period on the proposed changes, the AOA recommends updating the Eyeglass Rule to better serve and protect consumers and seeks to meet with agency officials.
Congratulations to the AOA’s 2023 award winners
The winners will be honored at a ceremony during the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting®.