- AS-A Glimpse into the Future: Whats Here and Whats on the Horizon in Ophthalmic Surgery
- AS-Clinical Review of Ocular Trauma: Diagnosis and Management
- AS-Corneal Manifestations of Systemic Disease
- AS-Corneal Ulcers Z to A (Zoster to Acanthamoeba)
- AS-Cosmetics and the Ocular Surface
- AS-Nope, Thats Not Just Dry Eye: Other Corneal Diseases
- AS-The ABCs of Omega-3s for Dry Eye and More
- AS-The Diagnosis and Management of Corneal Dystrophies
- AS-The Oculoplastic Optometrist
AS-IPL, DED, MGD, and other fun Acronyms
Intense Pulsed Light or (IPL) is technology that has been utilized for years in the dermatological space. The role IPL plays in eye care opens a whole new realm of possibilities in how to treat patients that suffer with MGD, dry eye disease and opens new doors to treat achieve aesthetic results.
Selina McGee, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
A successful practice takes a village—doctors of optometry and paraoptometric staff—to make it work and even prosper. Toward that end, the AOA has created a trove of practice management tools and services that can power practices forward in a profession and health care landscape that increasingly demands doctors practice at their highest levels and creates greater opportunities to develop and empower paraoptometric staff. These days, change is out of necessity.
A recent #AskAOA webinar, hosted by the AOA Third Party Center, offered helpful advice for how doctors can address and respond to clawbacks.
Most states require health care providers, including doctors of optometry, to report cases of abuse of children and elderly adults. AOA members are invited to attend an important webinar on the serious subject of human trafficking.