- AS-A Glimpse into the Future: Whats Here and Whats on the Horizon in Ophthalmic Surgery
- AS-Clinical Review of Ocular Trauma: Diagnosis and Management
- AS-Corneal Manifestations of Systemic Disease
- AS-Corneal Ulcers Z to A (Zoster to Acanthamoeba)
- AS-Cosmetics and the Ocular Surface
- AS-IPL, DED, MGD, and other fun Acronyms
- AS-Nope, Thats Not Just Dry Eye: Other Corneal Diseases
- AS-The ABCs of Omega-3s for Dry Eye and More
- AS-The Oculoplastic Optometrist
AS-The Diagnosis and Management of Corneal Dystrophies
Corneal dystrophies have both systemic and genetic components, and we are learning more about them each day. What is that abnormality in your patient's cornea and what should you do about it? You will learn via a layer-by-layer review of corneal dystrophies, utilizing the presenter's own clear images. Special emphasis will be placed on each condition's association with systemic disease. The newest development-in-office genetic testing for over 70 mutations of the TGFBI gene, commercially available in 2021-will be discussed in great detail.
Susan Gromacki, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Doctors of optometry challenge reasoning behind proposed Eyeglass Rule changes at FTC workshop
The recent workshop heard testimony from various stakeholders on the potential impact that proposed changes to the Eyeglass Rule might have on consumer choice and the burden on the practices of doctors of optometry and ophthalmology, which are already understaffed and saddled with other federal regulation. The Federal Trade Commission will use the feedback to determine whether to go forward with its recommendations.
Common coding Qs answered
These are the coding questions your colleagues are asking—and the answers from the AOA’s experts could help you.
The heat is on: Ensure patients’ protective eyewear is, too
Some doctors of optometry may see an increase in patients seeking care during the summer months, whether they’re playing sports or battling dry air conditions. Be prepared to share your expertise.