- CL-AOA CLCS Presents: 2022 Contact Lens Controversies
- CL-Building a Medical Contact Lens Practice
- CL-Challenging Cases in Keratoconus
- CL-Highlights from the CLEAR Report
- CL-Implementing Myopia Control with Standard and Specialty Lenses
- CL-New Contact Lens Technology for the New Generation of Presbyopes
- CL-Scleral Contact Lenses: A Hands-on Fitting Workshop
- CL-Top 20 Scleral Lens Complications - Rapid Fire
CL-Introduction to Scleral Lens Contact Fitting and Practice
Scleral lenses are the fastest growing segment of the gas permeable (GP) contact lens industry, and for good reason. From keratoconus to trauma to healthy eyes, sclerals are making a profound impact on our patients' quality of life. This course is for optometrists whose goal is to learn how to fit scleral contact lenses and grow their scleral lens practice. It will present information on patient recruitment, optimal patient flow, use of technology, optimal scleral lens fitting procedures, and how to troubleshoot the most common complications. It will discuss the latest scleral lens research and utilize patient cases to enhance clinical understanding.
Susan Gromacki, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.