- CL-AOA CLCS Presents: 2022 Contact Lens Controversies
- CL-Building a Medical Contact Lens Practice
- CL-Challenging Cases in Keratoconus
- CL-Highlights from the CLEAR Report
- CL-Implementing Myopia Control with Standard and Specialty Lenses
- CL-New Contact Lens Technology for the New Generation of Presbyopes
- CL-Scleral Contact Lenses: A Hands-on Fitting Workshop
- CL-Top 20 Scleral Lens Complications - Rapid Fire
CL-Introduction to Scleral Lens Contact Fitting and Practice
Scleral lenses are the fastest growing segment of the gas permeable (GP) contact lens industry, and for good reason. From keratoconus to trauma to healthy eyes, sclerals are making a profound impact on our patients' quality of life. This course is for optometrists whose goal is to learn how to fit scleral contact lenses and grow their scleral lens practice. It will present information on patient recruitment, optimal patient flow, use of technology, optimal scleral lens fitting procedures, and how to troubleshoot the most common complications. It will discuss the latest scleral lens research and utilize patient cases to enhance clinical understanding.
Susan Gromacki, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
A successful practice takes a village—doctors of optometry and paraoptometric staff—to make it work and even prosper. Toward that end, the AOA has created a trove of practice management tools and services that can power practices forward in a profession and health care landscape that increasingly demands doctors practice at their highest levels and creates greater opportunities to develop and empower paraoptometric staff. These days, change is out of necessity.
A recent #AskAOA webinar, hosted by the AOA Third Party Center, offered helpful advice for how doctors can address and respond to clawbacks.
Most states require health care providers, including doctors of optometry, to report cases of abuse of children and elderly adults. AOA members are invited to attend an important webinar on the serious subject of human trafficking.