- FV-Children and Their Devices
- FV-Evaluation and Management of Patients with Special Needs
- FV-Identification, Treatment and Management of Traumatic/Acquired Brain Injury
- FV-Infant and Toddler Examination Workshop
- FV-Insights into Autism
- FV-Prescribing for Refractive Errors in Young Children
- FV-Providing Visual care to Patients on the Autism Spectrum
- FV-Sports Centered Eye Exams: Integrating performance vision concepts into Primary Eye Care
- FV-Sports Vision Series - Sports Vision Testing & Evaluation
- FV-The Vision and Learning Link - The Impact of Unidentified Vision Conditions on Learning
- FV-Training the Athlete's Visual System: What the Research is Telling Us
- FV-Visual Evaluation of the Child with Special Needs
- FV-Workshop: Establishing Sports Vision in a Practice
FV-Neuroplasticity: It is Never Too Late For The Brain to Change
Treatment of Amblyopia and Strabismus has often been restricted to children under a certain age because of closed developmental stages. Neuroplasticity has opened up options for adult treatment post stroke, concussions, strabismus, and amblyopia. Understanding how neuroplasticity allows for adults to gain control over their visual system and possibly experience depth perception for the first time in their life.
Joshua Watt, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.