- FV-Children and Their Devices
- FV-Evaluation and Management of Patients with Special Needs
- FV-Identification, Treatment and Management of Traumatic/Acquired Brain Injury
- FV-Infant and Toddler Examination Workshop
- FV-Insights into Autism
- FV-Neuroplasticity: It is Never Too Late For The Brain to Change
- FV-Prescribing for Refractive Errors in Young Children
- FV-Providing Visual care to Patients on the Autism Spectrum
- FV-Sports Centered Eye Exams: Integrating performance vision concepts into Primary Eye Care
- FV-Sports Vision Series - Sports Vision Testing & Evaluation
- FV-The Vision and Learning Link - The Impact of Unidentified Vision Conditions on Learning
- FV-Training the Athlete's Visual System: What the Research is Telling Us
- FV-Workshop: Establishing Sports Vision in a Practice
FV-Visual Evaluation of the Child with Special Needs
This presentation will review common special needs conditions including downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, intellectual disability, and autism. It will discuss visual and ocular dysfunctions associated with each condition. It will highlight the specific components involved in the evaluation and management of vision in the special needs population.
Tamara Petrosyan, O.D.
Deborah Amster, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.
Doctors of optometry challenge reasoning behind proposed Eyeglass Rule changes at FTC workshop
The recent workshop heard testimony from various stakeholders on the potential impact that proposed changes to the Eyeglass Rule might have on consumer choice and the burden on the practices of doctors of optometry and ophthalmology, which are already understaffed and saddled with other federal regulation. The Federal Trade Commission will use the feedback to determine whether to go forward with its recommendations.