- GL-Co-Management of Glaucoma Laser and MIGS Procedures
- GL-First Line Glaucoma Treatment...What is It
- GL-Glaucoma Masqueraders
- GL-Maximizing OCT Interpretation in Glaucoma
- GL-Now What?...My Patient is Progressing!
- GL-Ocular Surface Preservation for the Glaucoma Patient. Prevent Defense is the Best Offense.
- GL-Problem Solving in Glaucoma Management
- GL-Referral Center Rounds: Mysterious Reasons of Elevated IOP
- GL-The Laser and Surgical Management of Glaucoma
- GL-The Secondary Glaucomas: From the OD and MD Perspective
- GL-Utilizing OCT Technology to Differentiate Glaucoma Suspects from Early Manifest Disease
GL-The OD's Role in the Management of MIGS in 2022
Optometrists encounter patients that have undergone MIGS procedures on a daily basis and that number will continue to increase. This course will take a case-based approach with polling questions challenging the attendee to make a decision on which MIGS procedure to recommend to a patient, how to handle a postoperative complication, and how to communicate with ophthalmology. As the primary eye care providers for our patients, it is imperative that we understand these procedures, communicate effectively with our patients and ophthalmologists that we are up to the challenge of managing MIGS.
Justin Schweitzer, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.