- GL-Beyond Drops: Surgical Considerations in Glaucoma
- GL-Co-Management of Glaucoma Laser and MIGS Procedures
- GL-Drop the Drops: Glaucoma Treatment Options for Patients with OSD
- GL-First Line Glaucoma Treatment...What is It
- GL-Get To Know Your MIGS
- GL-Glaucoma Masqueraders
- GL-Intracranial Pressure in Glaucoma
- GL-Now What?...My Patient is Progressing!
- GL-Ocular Surface Preservation for the Glaucoma Patient. Prevent Defense is the Best Offense.
- GL-Problem Solving in Glaucoma Management
- GL-Referral Center Rounds: Mysterious Reasons of Elevated IOP
- GL-The Angle Closure Spectrum Simplified
- GL-The Laser and Surgical Management of Glaucoma
- GL-The Secondary Glaucomas: From the OD and MD Perspective
- GL-Treating Glaucoma with Confidence
- GL-Utilizing OCT Technology to Differentiate Glaucoma Suspects from Early Manifest Disease
GL-The OD's Role in the Management of MIGS in 2022
Optometrists encounter patients that have undergone MIGS procedures on a daily basis and that number will continue to increase. This course will take a case-based approach with polling questions challenging the attendee to make a decision on which MIGS procedure to recommend to a patient, how to handle a postoperative complication, and how to communicate with ophthalmology. As the primary eye care providers for our patients, it is imperative that we understand these procedures, communicate effectively with our patients and ophthalmologists that we are up to the challenge of managing MIGS.
Justin Schweitzer, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Learn about the priority federal issues that hundreds of optometrists and optometry students will take to Capitol Hill as part of optometry’s single-largest annual advocacy gathering, April 14-16, and how you can join.
Although about 13% of the U.S. population is Black, they are woefully underrepresented in optometry. They represent about 2% of practicing doctors of optometry and a little over 3% of full-time students in optometry schools and colleges, according to studies. Black doctors of optometry seek to grow those numbers.