- LP-Laser Peripheral Iridotomy (PI): Are we over-PI'ing patients?
- LP-Laser Procedures from the OD to the DO Perspective
- LP-Laser Therapy in Optometry: The Politics, Procedures and Protocols
- LP-Laser Tissue Interactions
- LP-Open or Closed? When to Perform Prophylactic Iridotomy for Primary Angle Closure
- LP-Ophthalmic Lasers in Optometry
- LP-YAG Laser Procedures
LP-Laser Learning Lab
The use of laser energy to treat various anterior segment conditions, including posterior capsular opacification (PCO), angle closure glaucoma, and open angle glaucoma, has been used by optometric physicians in certain states for over a decade now. This interactive lab will review and update these ophthalmic laser procedures. Attendees will get to perform YAG capsulotomies, laser peripheral iridotomies, and SLT's with actual lasers on model eyes.
Nathan Lighthizer, O.D.
Leonid Skorin, O.D., D.O.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.