- PB-AI and Optometry: How Autonomous Technology is Changing the Way Diabetic Retinopathy and Macular Edema are Diagnosed
- PB-Basics of Infection Control
- PB-Can Implicit Bias Affect the Optometric Exam?
- PB-Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, and Patient Education in an Optometric Practice - An Interprofessional Approach
- PB-Improving Patient Communication: What Does Culture Have to Do with It?
- PB-Infection Control: Implementation in a Clinical Practice
- PB-Marijuana and Driving: Your Retina and Brain
- PB-Population Health The Changing Healthcare System and Why Optometry Needs To Know
- PB-The Opioid Epidemic and Drug Diversion
- PB-The Perils of Physician Bias: What It Means and What We Need to Do About It
PB-Focus On Vision & Health Promotion For I.D. Athletes
Olympics athletes need to have extraordinary vision and the same goes for the ones competing in Special Olympics. This course will take a dive into how health promotion on nutrition and the visual impairments that people with intellectual disability (ID) face especially as they continue to get older. With more awareness we can aim to improve the quality of life and long-term health of Special Olympics athletes and people with ID through healthy behaviors, screenings and medical referrals when appropriate.
Vittorio Mena, O.D.
Sandra Block, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.