- PB-AI and Optometry: How Autonomous Technology is Changing the Way Diabetic Retinopathy and Macular Edema are Diagnosed
- PB-Are You Okay? Recognizing Warning Signs of Patient Mental Illness in Optometric Practice
- PB-Basics of Infection Control
- PB-Boxing Out Unconscious Bias: Don't Let Your Unconscious Biases Put People in a Box!
- PB-Can Implicit Bias Affect the Optometric Exam?
- PB-Cultural Competency and Social Determinates of Health for Optometry
- PB-Focus On Vision & Health Promotion For I.D. Athletes
- PB-Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, and Patient Education in an Optometric Practice - An Interprofessional Approach
- PB-Improving Patient Communication: What Does Culture Have to Do with It?
- PB-Infection Control: Implementation in a Clinical Practice
- PB-Marijuana and Driving: Your Retina and Brain
- PB-Population Health The Changing Healthcare System and Why Optometry Needs To Know
- PB-The Opioid Epidemic and Drug Diversion
- PB-The Perils of Physician Bias: What It Means and What We Need to Do About It
PB-Optometry's Role in Reducing Healthcare Disparities
This course examines the day-to-day role of optometry in reducing healthcare disparities and how it applies to our optometric clinical care. The definitions of health care disparity, health equity, political and social determinates of health will be reviewed. Clinical cases and the incorporation of social determinants of health in medical billing and patient treatment plans are examined.
Ansel Johnson, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
The AOA’s new micro-credential program for optometric surgical assisting delivers big with a thoughtfully designed course that equips your clinic staff with specialized knowledge and skills.
Learn how AOAExcel® endorsed business partner Laurel Road can help maximize your finances.