- PB-AI and Optometry: How Autonomous Technology is Changing the Way Diabetic Retinopathy and Macular Edema are Diagnosed
- PB-Basics of Infection Control
- PB-Can Implicit Bias Affect the Optometric Exam?
- PB-Focus On Vision & Health Promotion For I.D. Athletes
- PB-Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, and Patient Education in an Optometric Practice - An Interprofessional Approach
- PB-Improving Patient Communication: What Does Culture Have to Do with It?
- PB-Infection Control: Implementation in a Clinical Practice
- PB-Marijuana and Driving: Your Retina and Brain
- PB-The Opioid Epidemic and Drug Diversion
- PB-The Perils of Physician Bias: What It Means and What We Need to Do About It
PB-Population Health The Changing Healthcare System and Why Optometry Needs To Know
Population health and the Triple Aim are vital components in improving an ineffective and broken healthcare system. This course gives a broad overview of population health management and its role in expanding optometrys position in the healthcare system.
Justin Manning, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.