- PH-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 4: The Weight is Over: New Guidelines Help Optometrists Modify Plaquenil Risk
- PH-Contemporary Prescribing of Oral Medications in Eye Disease
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 1
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 2
- PH-Opioid Epidemic- Do not be a contributor! - Optometrys Responsibility
- PH-Prescribing Considerations During Pregnancy
- PH-Simplifying Systemic Antibiotics
- PH-Therapeutic Innovations The Game Changers
- PH-Therapeutic Strategies in Clinical Eye Care
- PH-Therapeutics for Pediatrics: Just Say Yes
- PH-Toxic Retina: When Systemic Meds Go Bad
- PH-What's Wrong With My Eyes? Changes Systemic Medications May Cause with the Eye or Vision
PH-Glaucoma Case Series: Know Your Pharm
There is currently only one approach to treatment of glaucoma, lowering intraocular pressure. The path you take to get there may have hurdles and other obstacles that you will undoubtedly encounter in practice. The presenters share a series of seven challenging glaucoma cases. The importance of current glaucoma medical therapy pharmacology, known adverse drug reactions and when to worry, pearls and anecdotes of generic drug use and discussing how to best determine a patient's initial glaucoma drop treatment are explored during the case presentations.
Alissa Coyne, O.D.
Andrew Meagher, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
A successful practice takes a village—doctors of optometry and paraoptometric staff—to make it work and even prosper. Toward that end, the AOA has created a trove of practice management tools and services that can power practices forward in a profession and health care landscape that increasingly demands doctors practice at their highest levels and creates greater opportunities to develop and empower paraoptometric staff. These days, change is out of necessity.
A recent #AskAOA webinar, hosted by the AOA Third Party Center, offered helpful advice for how doctors can address and respond to clawbacks.
Most states require health care providers, including doctors of optometry, to report cases of abuse of children and elderly adults. AOA members are invited to attend an important webinar on the serious subject of human trafficking.