- PH-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 4: The Weight is Over: New Guidelines Help Optometrists Modify Plaquenil Risk
- PH-Contemporary Prescribing of Oral Medications in Eye Disease
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 1
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 2
- PH-Glaucoma Case Series: Know Your Pharm
- PH-Prescribing Considerations During Pregnancy
- PH-Simplifying Systemic Antibiotics
- PH-Therapeutic Innovations The Game Changers
- PH-Therapeutic Strategies in Clinical Eye Care
- PH-Therapeutics for Pediatrics: Just Say Yes
- PH-Toxic Retina: When Systemic Meds Go Bad
- PH-What's Wrong With My Eyes? Changes Systemic Medications May Cause with the Eye or Vision
PH-Opioid Epidemic- Do not be a contributor! - Optometrys Responsibility
This is a two hour overview of the history of abused drugs particularly opioids, the impacts of opioid abuse, the history of DEA and drug laws across the country, a dive into what Optometrists can and should do with their prescribing of opioids, alternatives to opioids for patient and some things to be aware of in the world of opioid abuse. This course is more timely than ever since Opioid abuse has risen with the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
Rebecca Wartman, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.