- PH-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 4: The Weight is Over: New Guidelines Help Optometrists Modify Plaquenil Risk
- PH-Contemporary Prescribing of Oral Medications in Eye Disease
- PH-Current Trends in Medical Management
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 1
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 2
- PH-Glaucoma Case Series: Know Your Pharm
- PH-Local Anesthesia for Optometric Surgeons
- PH-Opioid Epidemic- Do not be a contributor! - Optometrys Responsibility
- PH-Oral Pharmaceuticals in Primary Care Optometry
- PH-Pharmaceutical Treatment of Anterior Segment Inflammatory Conditions
- PH-Simplifying Systemic Antibiotics
- PH-Therapeutic Innovations The Game Changers
- PH-Therapeutic Strategies in Clinical Eye Care
- PH-Therapeutics for Pediatrics: Just Say Yes
- PH-Top 10 Medications and Their Ocular Side Effects
- PH-Toxic Retina: When Systemic Meds Go Bad
- PH-What's Wrong With My Eyes? Changes Systemic Medications May Cause with the Eye or Vision
PH-Prescribing Considerations During Pregnancy
This course discusses the necessary considerations for optometrists while managing patients who may be pregnant or breastfeeding. The treatment of acute and chronic ocular conditions using oral and topical medications will be highlighted, with a focus on risk-benefit evaluation. The role of the FDA in evaluating the safety and efficacy of medications in pregnant and nursing individuals will be evaluated. Additionally, maximizing the utility of available key resources for prescribers will be presented.
Jessica Steen, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Changes in coding and reimbursements worth knowing. Meanwhile, with the clock winding down on 2024, the AOA continues to press for Congress to act on reforms that would give doctors of optometry an annual, permanent inflationary Medicare payment tied to the Medicare Economic Index.
🔊 Hear why colleagues say the annual AOA and AOSA member meeting is the place to be this June 19-22, 2024, and learn how you can get priority access to registration before everyone else this January.
Check out how InfantSEE® used donations in 2023 and consider making an end-of-year gift to support the program in 2024 and beyond.