- PH-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 4: The Weight is Over: New Guidelines Help Optometrists Modify Plaquenil Risk
- PH-Contemporary Prescribing of Oral Medications in Eye Disease
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 1
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 2
- PH-Glaucoma Case Series: Know Your Pharm
- PH-Opioid Epidemic- Do not be a contributor! - Optometrys Responsibility
- PH-Simplifying Systemic Antibiotics
- PH-Therapeutic Innovations The Game Changers
- PH-Therapeutic Strategies in Clinical Eye Care
- PH-Therapeutics for Pediatrics: Just Say Yes
- PH-Toxic Retina: When Systemic Meds Go Bad
- PH-What's Wrong With My Eyes? Changes Systemic Medications May Cause with the Eye or Vision
PH-Prescribing Considerations During Pregnancy
This course discusses the necessary considerations for optometrists while managing patients who may be pregnant or breastfeeding. The treatment of acute and chronic ocular conditions using oral and topical medications will be highlighted, with a focus on risk-benefit evaluation. The role of the FDA in evaluating the safety and efficacy of medications in pregnant and nursing individuals will be evaluated. Additionally, maximizing the utility of available key resources for prescribers will be presented.
Jessica Steen, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
In response to Hurricane Ian, the federal government takes steps to ease the pains of disaster recovery in Florida. Learn more about the federal waivers—and how you can help colleagues affected by disaster.
The AOA has created a trove of practice management tools and services that can power practices forward in a profession and health care landscape that increasingly demands doctors practice at their highest levels and creates greater opportunities to develop and empower paraoptometric staff. These days, change is out of necessity.