- PH-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 4: The Weight is Over: New Guidelines Help Optometrists Modify Plaquenil Risk
- PH-Contemporary Prescribing of Oral Medications in Eye Disease
- PH-Current Trends in Medical Management
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 1
- PH-Eye Care Update - Part 2
- PH-Glaucoma Case Series: Know Your Pharm
- PH-Local Anesthesia for Optometric Surgeons
- PH-Opioid Epidemic- Do not be a contributor! - Optometrys Responsibility
- PH-Oral Pharmaceuticals in Primary Care Optometry
- PH-Pharmaceutical Treatment of Anterior Segment Inflammatory Conditions
- PH-Prescribing Considerations During Pregnancy
- PH-Therapeutic Innovations The Game Changers
- PH-Therapeutic Strategies in Clinical Eye Care
- PH-Therapeutics for Pediatrics: Just Say Yes
- PH-Top 10 Medications and Their Ocular Side Effects
- PH-Toxic Retina: When Systemic Meds Go Bad
- PH-What's Wrong With My Eyes? Changes Systemic Medications May Cause with the Eye or Vision
PH-Simplifying Systemic Antibiotics
Optometrists are familiar with the use of topical antibiotics in the treatment of ocular conditions but often hesitate in the use of systemic antibiotics in treatment protocols. Utilizing the latest in interactive technology, this course will review the major groups of antibiotics, their modes of action and their systemic indications in infection management. Special emphasis will be placed on the current use of systemic antibiotics in the treatment of ocular disease conditions.
Blair Lonsberry, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Learn about the priority federal issues that hundreds of optometrists and optometry students will take to Capitol Hill as part of optometry’s single-largest annual advocacy gathering, April 14-16, and how you can join.
Although about 13% of the U.S. population is Black, they are woefully underrepresented in optometry. They represent about 2% of practicing doctors of optometry and a little over 3% of full-time students in optometry schools and colleges, according to studies. Black doctors of optometry seek to grow those numbers.