- PM-A Comprehensive Guide to the Revised EM Code Set - What We Have Learned in Six Months
- PM-Adding Cash Pay Services to your Practice
- PM-Building a Brand with Digital Media
- PM-CMS Medicare Coding Rules – Where, oh, Where Do I Find All the Rules
- PM-Coding Boot Camp: A Tactical Approach to Surviving an Audit
- PM-Coding Boot Camp: Basic Training through Advanced Survival Strategies
- PM-Commercial Real Estate Strategies For Optometrists
- PM-Common Eye Diseases, Clinical Practice Guidelines and Proper Coding
- PM-Getting Paid for Fitting Contacts
- PM-Intro to Corporate Optometry Sublease
- PM-Low Vision Coding and Billing: A Fresh Look at ICD-10 and CPT 4
- PM-Maintaining Compliance with Medical Charting: Billing and Coding Update 2022
- PM-New Year, New Medicare and CMS Rules 2022-2023
- PM-Population Aging & Optometric Service in Skilled Care Facilities - Part 3
- PM-Practice Transitions: How to Purchase and Sell a Practice
- PM-Preparing Financially for the First Years After Graduation
- PM-Sports Vision Series: Visual Needs For Athletes: Buying Perspective
- PM-Starting or Purchasing a Practice
- PM-Telehealth and Remote Care- What is Possible and What is NOT! It Is a Brave New World!
- PM-Things I Learned from my Dad and Also my Optometric Mentor
- PM-Understanding Diversity & Inclusion in Eye Health & Vision Care for Enhanced Compliance, Continuity of Care and Practice Growth
PM-Ask the Coding Experts- A Review of the Current Top Ten Coding Questions
Ask the Coding Experts- A Review of the Current Top Ten Coding Questions Coding Course Series 1 of 7 courses The American Optometric Association has been providing several free services to members for a number of years. AOA Ask the Coding Experts is one that is increasingly utilized and useful to members. We will discuss the Top Ten Common Questions from this site and provide answers and insights that are not always possible in the email format.
Rebecca Wartman, O.D.
Harvey Richman, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Doctors of optometry challenge reasoning behind proposed Eyeglass Rule changes at FTC workshop
The recent workshop heard testimony from various stakeholders on the potential impact that proposed changes to the Eyeglass Rule might have on consumer choice and the burden on the practices of doctors of optometry and ophthalmology, which are already understaffed and saddled with other federal regulation. The Federal Trade Commission will use the feedback to determine whether to go forward with its recommendations.
Common coding Qs answered
These are the coding questions your colleagues are asking—and the answers from the AOA’s experts could help you.
The heat is on: Ensure patients’ protective eyewear is, too
Some doctors of optometry may see an increase in patients seeking care during the summer months, whether they’re playing sports or battling dry air conditions. Be prepared to share your expertise.