- PM-A Comprehensive Guide to the Revised EM Code Set - What We Have Learned in Six Months
- PM-Adding Cash Pay Services to your Practice
- PM-Ask the Coding Experts- A Review of the Current Top Ten Coding Questions
- PM-Building a Brand with Digital Media
- PM-CMS Medicare Coding Rules – Where, oh, Where Do I Find All the Rules
- PM-Coding Boot Camp: A Tactical Approach to Surviving an Audit
- PM-Coding Boot Camp: Basic Training through Advanced Survival Strategies
- PM-Commercial Real Estate Strategies For Optometrists
- PM-Common Eye Diseases, Clinical Practice Guidelines and Proper Coding
- PM-Getting Paid for Fitting Contacts
- PM-Intro to Corporate Optometry Sublease
- PM-Low Vision Coding and Billing: A Fresh Look at ICD-10 and CPT 4
- PM-Maintaining Compliance with Medical Charting: Billing and Coding Update 2022
- PM-New Year, New Medicare and CMS Rules 2022-2023
- PM-Population Aging & Optometric Service in Skilled Care Facilities - Part 3
- PM-Practice Transitions: How to Purchase and Sell a Practice
- PM-Preparing Financially for the First Years After Graduation
- PM-Sports Vision Series: Visual Needs For Athletes: Buying Perspective
- PM-Starting or Purchasing a Practice
- PM-Telehealth and Remote Care- What is Possible and What is NOT! It Is a Brave New World!
- PM-Things I Learned from my Dad and Also my Optometric Mentor
PM-Understanding Diversity & Inclusion in Eye Health & Vision Care for Enhanced Compliance, Continuity of Care and Practice Growth
Diversity of the work force in the Eye Health & Vision Care Industry does not mirror that of the US Population. While efforts have been made at greater stratification, make-up of the typical Eye Health & Vision Care Practice has not kept up with the every changing make-up of the U.S. Today we must strive to understand what is meant by Diversity & Inclusion in order that our practices become competent in the various key cultural characteristics. Identifying, understanding and dealing with these key cultural characteristics will aid us in appropriately staffing our practices, interacting with patients, maintaining compliance, and providing appropriate and compassionate care.
Angela Howell, O.D.
Janette Pepper, O.D.
James Venable, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
In response to Hurricane Ian, the federal government takes steps to ease the pains of disaster recovery in Florida. Learn more about the federal waivers—and how you can help colleagues affected by disaster.
The AOA has created a trove of practice management tools and services that can power practices forward in a profession and health care landscape that increasingly demands doctors practice at their highest levels and creates greater opportunities to develop and empower paraoptometric staff. These days, change is out of necessity.