- PO-Cornea Conundrums: A Review of Corneal Procedures and Case Presentations
- PO-Cryosurgery for Optometric Surgeons: A safe, non-invasive, non-aerosolizing approach to periocular lesion removal in the COVID-19 era.
- PO-Current Trends in Presbyopia (Dysfunctional Lens Syndrome) Management: Trends From Drops to Glasses to Contacts to Surgical Procedures
- PO-Cutting Edge Cataract Care: Cases and Considerations
- PO-Effective Cataract Co-management in 5 Easy Steps
- PO-Essentials of Surgical Ophthalmic Pathology for the Optometric Lid Surgeon
- PO-Extended Depth of Focus Lenses and Drops
- PO-How Do We Pick the Best Intraocular Lens?
- PO-LASIK Refractive Surgery: When Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
- PO-Management of Early Cataract Surgery Complications
- PO-Marrying a Lens to an Eye: Matchmaking in the Modern IOL Landscape
- PO-Pearls for Managing Keratoconus with CXL: Corneal Collagen Crosslinking
- PO-Suturing Techniques for Optometric Surgeons
- PO-The Surgical Management of the Anterior Segment The OD's Role
- PO-The Surgical Minute: What Every OD Needs to Know
- PO-Utilizing Comprehensive Refractive Surgery to Maximize Vision
PO-Endothelial Keratoplasty - What's New
New procedures in endothelial transplantation have been introduced over the past few years. This course will review the indications, decision making and medical management of corneal endothelial surgery ands also discuss the post-operative care of these patients. In addition, contact lens options will be discussed.
Steven Sorkin, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
AOA and AFOS: ‘Cut through the noise’ and empower licensed doctors of optometry to provide greater access to care to veterans
Eye care is the third-most requested health service by veterans at the VA—and doctors of optometry provide the majority of that care. Yet, as the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) considers new national standards of practice for more than 50 health professions at its facilities, optometrists are making a winning case for expanding their role at an understaffed VA and are galvanizing against baseless attacks from organized medicine, ophthalmology and a few unbending legislators.
September is Paraoptometric Appreciation Month, celebrating optometric practice staff around the country. Two paraoptometric professionals who provide eye care as active-duty veterans in the United States Armed Forces share their stories.