- PO-Cornea Conundrums: A Review of Corneal Procedures and Case Presentations
- PO-Cryosurgery for Optometric Surgeons: A safe, non-invasive, non-aerosolizing approach to periocular lesion removal in the COVID-19 era.
- PO-Current Trends in Presbyopia (Dysfunctional Lens Syndrome) Management: Trends From Drops to Glasses to Contacts to Surgical Procedures
- PO-Effective Cataract Co-management in 5 Easy Steps
- PO-Essentials of Surgical Ophthalmic Pathology for the Optometric Lid Surgeon
- PO-Extended Depth of Focus Lenses and Drops
- PO-LASIK Refractive Surgery: When Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
- PO-Pearls for Managing Keratoconus with CXL: Corneal Collagen Crosslinking
- PO-Suturing Techniques for Optometric Surgeons
- PO-The Surgical Management of the Anterior Segment The OD's Role
- PO-Utilizing Comprehensive Refractive Surgery to Maximize Vision
PO-How Do We Pick the Best Intraocular Lens?
This course will explore the role of the optometrist in taking an active role in choosing a patient's intraocular lens (IOL) when comanaging their cataract surgery. Discussion will include a theoretical review of IOL calculation formulae and a practical approach to calculating the optimal IOL for a patient's cataract surgery. Advanced IOL calculations (toric, post refractive, etc) will be demonstrated via case presentations and will include discussion of the optics of the latest premium IOLs
Robert Stutman, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.