- PO-Cornea Conundrums: A Review of Corneal Procedures and Case Presentations
- PO-Cryosurgery for Optometric Surgeons: A safe, non-invasive, non-aerosolizing approach to periocular lesion removal in the COVID-19 era.
- PO-Current Trends in Presbyopia (Dysfunctional Lens Syndrome) Management: Trends From Drops to Glasses to Contacts to Surgical Procedures
- PO-Effective Cataract Co-management in 5 Easy Steps
- PO-Essentials of Surgical Ophthalmic Pathology for the Optometric Lid Surgeon
- PO-Extended Depth of Focus Lenses and Drops
- PO-How Do We Pick the Best Intraocular Lens?
- PO-LASIK Refractive Surgery: When Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
- PO-Suturing Techniques for Optometric Surgeons
- PO-The Surgical Management of the Anterior Segment The OD's Role
- PO-Utilizing Comprehensive Refractive Surgery to Maximize Vision
PO-Pearls for Managing Keratoconus with CXL: Corneal Collagen Crosslinking
A clinical optometrist who has treated over 1500 eyes following corneal collagen crosslinking (CXL) will share her experience with the clinical management before, during, and after CXL. You will learn patient selection and education, mechanism of action, postoperative care, and optimal contact lens correction after the procedure. Contact lens designs such as conventional, hybrid and large overall diameter will be discussed for you to fit the correct lens after the conclusion of the procedure.
Susan Gromacki, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.