- PO-Cornea Conundrums: A Review of Corneal Procedures and Case Presentations
- PO-Cryosurgery for Optometric Surgeons: A safe, non-invasive, non-aerosolizing approach to periocular lesion removal in the COVID-19 era.
- PO-Current Trends in Presbyopia (Dysfunctional Lens Syndrome) Management: Trends From Drops to Glasses to Contacts to Surgical Procedures
- PO-Effective Cataract Co-management in 5 Easy Steps
- PO-Essentials of Surgical Ophthalmic Pathology for the Optometric Lid Surgeon
- PO-Extended Depth of Focus Lenses and Drops
- PO-How Do We Pick the Best Intraocular Lens?
- PO-LASIK Refractive Surgery: When Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
- PO-Pearls for Managing Keratoconus with CXL: Corneal Collagen Crosslinking
- PO-The Surgical Management of the Anterior Segment The OD's Role
- PO-Utilizing Comprehensive Refractive Surgery to Maximize Vision
PO-Suturing Techniques for Optometric Surgeons
Suturing is an essential surgical skill and can be considered foundational when it comes to office-based optometric surgical procedures where wound closure is an important part and consideration of the services being performed. This course is a 2-hour hands-on skills-transfer workshop which will introduce the basics of wound closure by primary-intent (suturing), along with the conceptual and clinical knowledge needed to be successful in oculo-facial wound closure.
Richard Castillo, O.D., D.O.
Nathan Castillo, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.