- SD-Alzheimer's and Dementia Complicate Everything
- SD-Alzheimer's Disease: Diagnostic Criteria, Prevention and Lifestyle Management
- SD-An Interactive Review of Ocular Systemic Syndromes
- SD-An Update on Thyroid Eye Disease
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 1: Autoimmune Disease and the Anterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 2: Autoimmune Disease and the Posterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 3: A Tailored Approach to Uveitis and Systemic Disease
- SD-Beyond the Eyes: Optometry's Unique Role In Uveitis Treatment
- SD-Biologics in Eyecare
- SD-Current Treatment of Diabetes
- SD-Diabetes Cases & Conundrums
- SD-Exploring the Autoimmune Diseases: A Systemic Approach
- SD-Flashing Lights: Land Mines & Peril Ahead
- SD-Follow Your Gut: A Guide to Micro-Nutrients and Disease Prevention
- SD-G-Eye: A Team Approach to Managing Gastrointestinal Disorders
- SD-Improving Case History for Hereditary Eye Conditions: A Review of Inheritance Patterns and Pedigrees
- SD-Life Threatening Eye Signs & Symptoms that Can't Be Missed!
- SD-New Horizons for Uveal Melanoma
- SD-Nutritional and Lifestyle Modifications To Reduce Risk Of AMD Onset And Progression
- SD-Ocular and Visual Complications: Parkinson's Disease
- SD-Ocular Manifestations of Sickle Cell Disease
- SD-OMG its OMG!
- SD-Ophthalmic Manifestations of COVID-19
- SD-Optometry's Role on the Diabetes Education Team
- SD-Pets - Their link to Ocular Infections, Allergies and Trauma: What Every OD Should Know
- SD-Sleep Medicine and the Eye
- SD-TED Talks; An Update on Thyroid Eye Disease
- SD-The Eye ER: Nothing's Off Limits
- SD-The Visual Journey of a Stroke Patient
- SD-Top Ten Tells How Systemic Diseases Reveal Their Hand
- SD-Tourette Syndrome, OCD, ADHD and the OD
- SD-When a Slit Lamp Exam Can Save a Life The Essential Role of Optometrists
- SD-What Every Optometrist Needs to Know about Paraneoplastic Syndromes
- SD-White Dot Syndromes: More common than you think
SD-Common Ocular Manifestations from Systemic Conditions: Front to Back
There are over 270 systemic diseases that can be detected during an eye exam. As providers of primary care eye care, optometry offices are on the front lines of medical care to help patients maintain a healthy eye and body. This course will take a wide angle view of common systemic conditions that can be diagnosed from the exam chair. By using cases, this presentation will show how these patients present into the office, what considerations need to be made, and where these patients need to go next. By incorporating staff into these plans, efficient exam and effective referrals will generate happy and healthy patients
Mark Schaeffer, O.D.
Jacob Lang, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
The AOA’s new micro-credential program for optometric surgical assisting delivers big with a thoughtfully designed course that equips your clinic staff with specialized knowledge and skills.
Learn how AOAExcel® endorsed business partner Laurel Road can help maximize your finances.