- SD-Alzheimer's Disease: Diagnostic Criteria, Prevention and Lifestyle Management
- SD-An Interactive Review of Ocular Systemic Syndromes
- SD-An Update on Thyroid Eye Disease
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 1: Autoimmune Disease and the Anterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 2: Autoimmune Disease and the Posterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 3: A Tailored Approach to Uveitis and Systemic Disease
- SD-Current Treatment of Diabetes
- SD-Diabetes Cases & Conundrums
- SD-Exploring the Autoimmune Diseases: A Systemic Approach
- SD-Flashing Lights: Land Mines & Peril Ahead
- SD-Follow Your Gut: A Guide to Micro-Nutrients and Disease Prevention
- SD-Life Threatening Eye Signs & Symptoms that Can't Be Missed!
- SD-Nutritional and Lifestyle Modifications To Reduce Risk Of AMD Onset And Progression
- SD-Ocular Manifestations of Sickle Cell Disease
- SD-OMG its OMG!
- SD-Ophthalmic Manifestations of COVID-19
- SD-Optometry's Role on the Diabetes Education Team
- SD-Pets - Their link to Ocular Infections, Allergies and Trauma: What Every OD Should Know
- SD-Sleep Medicine and the Eye
- SD-The Eye ER: Nothing's Off Limits
- SD-Top Ten Tells How Systemic Diseases Reveal Their Hand
- SD-Tourette Syndrome, OCD, ADHD and the OD
- SD-When a Slit Lamp Exam Can Save a Life The Essential Role of Optometrists
- SD-What Every Optometrist Needs to Know about Paraneoplastic Syndromes
SD-G-Eye: A Team Approach to Managing Gastrointestinal Disorders
This lecture will review the gastrointestinal (GI) tract and some common GI disorders. With a focus on inflammatory bowel disease, the authors will review the pathophysiology, clinical presentation, prognosis and treatment of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. A review of the potential extraintestinal ocular manifestations of GI diseases will be included. Familial adenomatous polyposis and its ocular manifestations will also be reviewed.
Lindsay Sicks, O.D.
Brian Liem, D.O.
AOA Expiration Date:
Constant presence: Alliance builds reputation for patient safety advocacy
Founded five years ago, the Health Care Alliance for Patient Safety (HCAPS) is making good on its mission to advocate for patient safety and protect the fundamental doctor-patient relationship. The alliance’s advocacy will be recognized with the AOA’s Apollo Award during a ceremony at the 2023 Optometry’s Meeting® June 21-24.
What defines the value of care we provide?
Health and vision plans have not adapted and grown with the care we deliver but hold back optometry’s momentum.
How to speak the universal language of care
How to create a bilingual and culturally sensitive practice, why it matters to patients and how it can set you apart from the competition.