- SD-Alzheimer's Disease: Diagnostic Criteria, Prevention and Lifestyle Management
- SD-An Interactive Review of Ocular Systemic Syndromes
- SD-An Update on Thyroid Eye Disease
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 1: Autoimmune Disease and the Anterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 2: Autoimmune Disease and the Posterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 3: A Tailored Approach to Uveitis and Systemic Disease
- SD-Current Treatment of Diabetes
- SD-Diabetes Cases & Conundrums
- SD-Exploring the Autoimmune Diseases: A Systemic Approach
- SD-Flashing Lights: Land Mines & Peril Ahead
- SD-Follow Your Gut: A Guide to Micro-Nutrients and Disease Prevention
- SD-G-Eye: A Team Approach to Managing Gastrointestinal Disorders
- SD-Life Threatening Eye Signs & Symptoms that Can't Be Missed!
- SD-Nutritional and Lifestyle Modifications To Reduce Risk Of AMD Onset And Progression
- SD-Ocular Manifestations of Sickle Cell Disease
- SD-Ophthalmic Manifestations of COVID-19
- SD-Optometry's Role on the Diabetes Education Team
- SD-Pets - Their link to Ocular Infections, Allergies and Trauma: What Every OD Should Know
- SD-Sleep Medicine and the Eye
- SD-The Eye ER: Nothing's Off Limits
- SD-Top Ten Tells How Systemic Diseases Reveal Their Hand
- SD-Tourette Syndrome, OCD, ADHD and the OD
- SD-When a Slit Lamp Exam Can Save a Life The Essential Role of Optometrists
- SD-What Every Optometrist Needs to Know about Paraneoplastic Syndromes
SD-OMG its OMG!
Myasthenia Gravis is a neuro-muscular junction dysfunction that often presents to primary care optometry with variable ocular complaints. This course reviews the ocular and systemic findings in myasthenia gravis and utilizes cases to emphasize how variable and nuanced these cases may present in office. This course describes how inflammatory triggers including COVID-19 and the vaccine may cause complications and an increased incidence of myasthenia gravis, and the optometrist's role in co-management with neurology.
Jacqueline Theis, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Doctors of optometry challenge reasoning behind proposed Eyeglass Rule changes at FTC workshop
The recent workshop heard testimony from various stakeholders on the potential impact that proposed changes to the Eyeglass Rule might have on consumer choice and the burden on the practices of doctors of optometry and ophthalmology, which are already understaffed and saddled with other federal regulation. The Federal Trade Commission will use the feedback to determine whether to go forward with its recommendations.
Common coding Qs answered
These are the coding questions your colleagues are asking—and the answers from the AOA’s experts could help you.
The heat is on: Ensure patients’ protective eyewear is, too
Some doctors of optometry may see an increase in patients seeking care during the summer months, whether they’re playing sports or battling dry air conditions. Be prepared to share your expertise.