- SD-Alzheimer's and Dementia Complicate Everything
- SD-Alzheimer's Disease: Diagnostic Criteria, Prevention and Lifestyle Management
- SD-An Interactive Review of Ocular Systemic Syndromes
- SD-An Update on Thyroid Eye Disease
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 1: Autoimmune Disease and the Anterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 2: Autoimmune Disease and the Posterior Segment
- SD-Autoimmune Disease and the Eye Series 3: A Tailored Approach to Uveitis and Systemic Disease
- SD-Beyond the Eyes: Optometry's Unique Role In Uveitis Treatment
- SD-Biologics in Eyecare
- SD-Common Ocular Manifestations from Systemic Conditions: Front to Back
- SD-Current Treatment of Diabetes
- SD-Diabetes Cases & Conundrums
- SD-Exploring the Autoimmune Diseases: A Systemic Approach
- SD-Flashing Lights: Land Mines & Peril Ahead
- SD-Follow Your Gut: A Guide to Micro-Nutrients and Disease Prevention
- SD-G-Eye: A Team Approach to Managing Gastrointestinal Disorders
- SD-Improving Case History for Hereditary Eye Conditions: A Review of Inheritance Patterns and Pedigrees
- SD-Life Threatening Eye Signs & Symptoms that Can't Be Missed!
- SD-New Horizons for Uveal Melanoma
- SD-Nutritional and Lifestyle Modifications To Reduce Risk Of AMD Onset And Progression
- SD-Ocular and Visual Complications: Parkinson's Disease
- SD-Ocular Manifestations of Sickle Cell Disease
- SD-OMG its OMG!
- SD-Ophthalmic Manifestations of COVID-19
- SD-Optometry's Role on the Diabetes Education Team
- SD-Pets - Their link to Ocular Infections, Allergies and Trauma: What Every OD Should Know
- SD-Sleep Medicine and the Eye
- SD-TED Talks; An Update on Thyroid Eye Disease
- SD-The Eye ER: Nothing's Off Limits
- SD-The Visual Journey of a Stroke Patient
- SD-Tourette Syndrome, OCD, ADHD and the OD
- SD-When a Slit Lamp Exam Can Save a Life The Essential Role of Optometrists
- SD-What Every Optometrist Needs to Know about Paraneoplastic Syndromes
- SD-White Dot Syndromes: More common than you think
SD-Top Ten Tells How Systemic Diseases Reveal Their Hand
This course introduces 10 clinical presentations of both the anterior and posterior segment, with information on the epidemiology, clinical features, treatment and management. The emphasis is placed on potential underlying systemic etiologies, as well as the necessary work up and co management with other health care providers to determine the cause. This course stresses that even routinely encountered ocular diseases may often allude to more serious systemic causes and how to appropriately manage the ocular as well as systemic ramifications.
Bisant Labib, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
Lawry has a distinguished background in implementing AI solutions to enhance patient care and optimize care delivery. Hear Lawry’s keynote at the AOA Experience: Opening Session, supported by Johnson & Johnson Vision, on June 19.
📽️ Comprehensive eye examinations are among the chief ways of preventing potentially deadly falls in adults 65 years and older, according to the American Public Health Association’s (APHA’s) newly released policy statement. For many people at risk of falling, an annual eye examination could be a lifesaver, the APHA statement says.
A long-time AOA staffer, Charlotte’s dedication to the association was palpable in everything she did. The AOA sends condolences and thanks to the Ferris family for their years of service.