- SP-Coding for the Expanded Scopes of Practice
- SP-Getting Started with IPL (Workshop): Beginners Guide to Intense Pulse Light for On-Label Dry Eye Disease and Other Off-Label Applications for Contemporary Optometrists and Paraoptometrics
- SP-Introduction to Suturing: A Hands-On Workshop for Optometric Surgeons
- SP-Lumps and Bumps: A Practical Guide to Evaluation and Removal Techniques
- SP-Preparing For Office-Based Surgical Procedures
SP-Optometric Surgical Procedures for Every Optometrist
Optometric Surgical Procedures, including lump and bump removal, chalazion treatment, punctal occlusion, suture correction for entropion, and various anterior segment laser procedures, among others, are essential procedures for optometrists to be familiar with. Furthermore, optometrists in many states are now performing these procedures on a routine basis. This interactive presentation will review and update these optometric surgical procedures including indications, contraindications, risks, complications, treatment protocols, and pre- and post-op management.
Nathan Lighthizer, O.D.
Richard Castillo, O.D., D.O.
AOA Expiration Date:
Changes in coding and reimbursements worth knowing. Meanwhile, with the clock winding down on 2024, the AOA continues to press for Congress to act on reforms that would give doctors of optometry an annual, permanent inflationary Medicare payment tied to the Medicare Economic Index.
🔊 Hear why colleagues say the annual AOA and AOSA member meeting is the place to be this June 19-22, 2024, and learn how you can get priority access to registration before everyone else this January.
Check out how InfantSEE® used donations in 2023 and consider making an end-of-year gift to support the program in 2024 and beyond.