- TD-A Brief Overview of the More Common Indications for Lab Studies
- TD-A Modern Approach to Dry Eye
- TD-Advanced Procedures with RadioFrequency
- TD-Age Related Macular Degeneration - 2022 Update
- TD-AMD Updates: Staying Current with its Landscape
- TD-Anterior Segment Grand Rounds
- TD-Applications of Angiography (FA, ICG, OCTA)
- TD-Battle of the Omegas - Comparing Nutritional Strategies in Dry Eye Disease
- TD-Beauty Confidential
- TD-Benefits of Managing the Eyelid Margin in Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
- TD-Beyond the Posterior Pole
- TD-Caution Steep Hill Ahead: Managing Keratoconus in Clinical Practice: Are you Ready to Conquer Keratoconus?
- TD-Contemporary Diabetic Retinopathy Care
- TD-Contemporary Keratoconus
- TD-Corneal Collagen Crosslinking (CXL): MD and OD Perspective
- TD-Demodex Diaries
- TD-Eyelid Ptosis: Make the Right Diagnosis
- TD-From Retinal Findings to Systemic Diagnosis
- TD-How to Heal When You Can’t Feel – Neurotrophic Keratitis Update
- TD-Imaging the Anterior Segment
- TD-Innovations in Ocular Surface Disease to Maximize Patient Outcomes
- TD-Intravitreal Injections - What Optometry Should Know
- TD-Lids and Lashes on the Cutting Edge
- TD-Lumps and Bumps: A Practical Guide to Evaluation and Management
- TD-Minor Surgical Procedures
- TD-New Developments in Anti-VEGF Therapy
- TD-OCT Angiography Grand Rounds
- TD-Optometry & Genetics: The Future of Precision Medicine
- TD-Panel Discussion: Is There a Treatment for Me? Genetic Testing, Clinical Trials, Gene Therapy, & Future Treatments Q&A
- TD-Peeling Back the Layers: A Case Based Trip Around the Cornea
- TD-Retina OCT Workshop: How to Scan How to Interpret
- TD-Screening for Carcinoma of the Eyelids
- TD-Seeing White Dots
- TD-Sensitivity Training; A Chronicle of Neurotrophic Keratitis (NK) Management
- TD-Solving the Scleritis Dilemma
- TD-The Complete Course on Corneal Dystrophies and Degenerations
- TD-The Ocular Adnexa. Optometry's Next Frontier
- TD-Treatment Strategies for Refractory Ocular Surface Disease
- TD-Unraveling Intraocular Inflammation
- TD-Using IPL to address ocular surface and adnexal conditions
TD-On Call with Melton and Vollmer
With optometry taking on a more comprehensive role in the eye care arena, it is important that the clinician be available to see emergency patients after hours and on weekends. This course is designed to explore optometry's role in the on-call world, sharing cases and clinical experiences while working in a primary, secondary, and tertiary care environment. Diagnostic and therapeutic pearls will be shared during the case discussions.
Norman Melton, O.D.
Patrick Vollmer, O.D.
AOA Expiration Date:
AOA and AFOS: ‘Cut through the noise’ and empower licensed doctors of optometry to provide greater access to care to veterans
Eye care is the third-most requested health service by veterans at the VA—and doctors of optometry provide the majority of that care. Yet, as the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) considers new national standards of practice for more than 50 health professions at its facilities, optometrists are making a winning case for expanding their role at an understaffed VA and are galvanizing against baseless attacks from organized medicine, ophthalmology and a few unbending legislators.
September is Paraoptometric Appreciation Month, celebrating optometric practice staff around the country. Two paraoptometric professionals who provide eye care as active-duty veterans in the United States Armed Forces share their stories.