Accepting nominations for 2023 Paraoptometric Awards!
Consider nominating your staff for a pair of awards acknowledging their professional and/or community work!
All nominations must be submitted no later than Feb. 12, 2024.
Paraoptometric of the Year Award
- This award recognizes a deserving individual paraoptometric who has made outstanding contributions to the profession of optometry, patients and the public.
- Nominees will be evaluated according to four principal areas: professionalism, public service, furthering education and personal endorsement.
- Nominees must be AOA associate members in good standing, not currently serving on the PRC. We encourage nominations of individuals with the CPO, CPOA, CPOT and CPOC certifications.
- To submit a nominee, please complete the Paraoptometric of the Year submission form.
Paraoptometric Community Service Award
- This award recognizes a deserving AOA paraoptometric individual who has generously donated his or her time and talents to the profession of optometry, patients and the public.
- Nominees will be evaluated based on four principal areas: service dedicated to the local community for a specific cause, service dedicated to health care, service dedicated to optometry-sponsored services and service documented within the last three years.
- We encourage nominations of individuals with the CPO, CPOA, CPOT and CPOC certifications.
- To submit a nominee, please complete the Paraoptometric Community Service Award submission form.
Paraoptometric Lifetime Achievement Award Nomination Form
- This award recognizes those who are currently certified and who have served the profession of optometry by continually giving of themselves in areas of patient eye care, office management, mentoring colleagues and in service to the paraoptometric profession.
- Nominees must be certified by the Commission on Paraoptometric Certification for a minimum of 10 years; worked as a paraoptometric for at least 15 years; and dedicated personal effort and time on behalf of the profession’s advancement, such as membership in national, state and local organizations, education provider and advocacy and legislative efforts.
- Nominees must be AOA associate members in good standing. We encourage nominations of individuals with the CPO, CPOA, CPOT and CPOC certifications.
- To submit a nominee, please complete the Paraoptometric Lifetime Achievement Award Nomination Form.
- The nomination must receive at least three-fourths of the vote of approval by the AOA Education Center present at the time of the vote.
For additional information, email email@example.com.
Changes in coding and reimbursements worth knowing. Meanwhile, with the clock winding down on 2024, the AOA continues to press for Congress to act on reforms that would give doctors of optometry an annual, permanent inflationary Medicare payment tied to the Medicare Economic Index.
🔊 Hear why colleagues say the annual AOA and AOSA member meeting is the place to be this June 19-22, 2024, and learn how you can get priority access to registration before everyone else this January.
Check out how InfantSEE® used donations in 2023 and consider making an end-of-year gift to support the program in 2024 and beyond.