The AOA+ Leadership Society is a program for students who want to build leadership skills, advance their careers through networking, personal and professional development and gain specialized education outside of the classroom. Enhance your resume by adding this academic achievement—membership in the 2020 AOA+ Leadership Society!
To earn a certificate of completion and 2020 AOA+ Leadership Society commemorative lapel pin, complete the following requirements:
- AOSA Optometry Student Bowl powered by Essilor virtual attendance
- Earn 4 hours of CE credits during AOA's Virtual Learning Livecast.
- Register for the webinar: Effectively Communicating with Patients (sponsored by Allergan and Alcon)—Aug.25, 8 p.m. CT.
- Advocacy webinar in September taking place at Virtual AOA on Capitol Hill—Register to attend the Virtual AOA on Capitol Hill—Sept. 9-10, 2020. Visit aoa.org/events/calendar-of-events/virtual-aoa-on-capitol-hill for more details.
- InfantSEE ® Virtual Workshop in Oct. 22, 2020.
- Order your complimentary set of business cards, sponsored by AOAExcel.
- Check your member profile on aoa.org/myprofile and update for accuracy.
Note: There is no registration or sign-up for the Leadership Society. Simply register to attend the specific webinars, education, events, log into your profile and order business cards. Attendance and/or participation will be tracked for each individual.
Despite its name, the National Association of Optometrists and Opticians is a “front” for large optical retailers, working against the interests of doctors of optometry and comprehensive vision care for patients, the AOA contends in a Jan. 5 letter sent to the Internal Revenue Service.
Access new myopia management guidance from AOA, Johnson & Johnson Vision and other stakeholders to learn how myopia care is evolving and optometry’s role.