The AOA+ Leadership Society is a program for students who want to build leadership skills, advance their careers through networking, personal and professional development and gain specialized education outside of the classroom. Enhance your resume by adding this academic achievement—membership in the 2020 AOA+ Leadership Society!
To earn a certificate of completion and 2020 AOA+ Leadership Society commemorative lapel pin, complete the following requirements:
- AOSA Optometry Student Bowl powered by Essilor virtual attendance
- Earn 4 hours of CE credits during AOA's Virtual Learning Livecast.
- Register for the webinar: Effectively Communicating with Patients (sponsored by Allergan and Alcon)—Aug.25, 8 p.m. CT.
- Advocacy webinar in September taking place at Virtual AOA on Capitol Hill—Register to attend the Virtual AOA on Capitol Hill—Sept. 9-10, 2020. Visit aoa.org/events/calendar-of-events/virtual-aoa-on-capitol-hill for more details.
- InfantSEE ® Virtual Workshop in Oct. 22, 2020.
- Order your complimentary set of business cards, sponsored by AOAExcel.
- Check your member profile on aoa.org/myprofile and update for accuracy.
Note: There is no registration or sign-up for the Leadership Society. Simply register to attend the specific webinars, education, events, log into your profile and order business cards. Attendance and/or participation will be tracked for each individual.
The AOA is hosting a profession-wide videoconference, Thursday, July 29, to discuss rapidly developing legislation to expand Medicare benefits and is seeking members’ input to inform advocacy.
With the competitions officially underway July 23, the AOA is capitalizing on its partnership with surfer Caroline Marks and USA Surfing to raise awareness about the essentialness of regular, comprehensive eye care and vision health. Doctors of optometry can get involved with the See and Be Seen campaign.
Regulators have taken a “hands-off” approach to this key ACA provision for a decade, but now members of Congress encourage full implementation of the law as originally intended.