The AOA+ Leadership Society is a program for students who want to build leadership skills, advance their careers through networking, personal and professional development and gain specialized education outside of the classroom. Enhance your resume by adding this academic achievement!
Students completing the requirements will earn a certificate of completion, AOA+ Leadership Society lapel pin and national recognition from the AOA.
2022 AOA+ Leadership Society requirements
To see past recipients of this prestigious award, visit theaosa.org/leadership-society.
Participate in the following:
Listen, Learn, Connect–Attend one webinar
- March 23: Myopia Management, or
- March 29: Topic TBD
AOA on Capitol Hill–Washington, D.C.
- April 24-26: In-person or virtual options (more information to follow)
Optometry’s Meeting ®–Chicago, Illinois, June 15-18
- Two of four AOA+ Practice Management Pop-Ups (Thursday, June 16, 2 p.m., 2:50 p.m., 3:40 p.m.)
- AOSA student engagement event (Thursday, June 16 7:30 p.m.)
- Two of four AOA+ Pop-Ups (Friday, June 17, 9 a.m., 9:50 a.m., 10:40 a.m.)
- AOA+ Residency and State Affiliate Summit (Friday, June 17, 1-3 p.m.)
- Check in with two state affiliates and one residency director
- Get your summit card stamped (summit card will be provided at event)
- Education course sponsored by EssilorLuxottica (Friday, June 17, 3:10-5:30 p.m.)
- Two AOA+ Pop-Ups (Saturday, June 18, 9:30 a.m., 10:20 a.m., 11:10 a.m.)
- Advocate for the profession! Text code NHSC to AOA's Action Center at 855.465.5124. You will be prompted for additional steps to let your voice be heard.
Choose ONE of the following to complete during Optometry’s Meeting
- Earn one hour of doctor of optometry contiuing education
- Visit House of Delegates
- Attend one Leadership Link session
- Friday, June 17, 8-9 a.m.
- Saturday, June 18, 8:30-9:30 a.m.
Participation in the following student events:
- AOSA Optometry Student Bowl™ XXXI powered by EssilorLuxottica
- Luxottica Live!
Violators of antitrust laws are potentially subject to criminal and civil penalties, as well as “immediate dismissal” from their position or relationship with the AOA, even if they were unaware their actions were not legal.