The Road to Earlier Intervention: Cone Contrast Testing
This course discusses the latest developments in functional color vision testing provides useful data that allows accurate diagnosis, detection of progression and enhances clinical ability to provide prognosis in various disease states and is complimentary to the other available clinical tests.
Speaker Name(s): Pinakin Davey, PhD, OD, FAAO
Credit Hours Available: 1
Course Learning Objectives
At the end of the lecture, participants will understand
1) the difference between traditional color vision tests and the advantages provided by sensitive color contrasts testing and fundamentals
2) The use of color contrast testing in age-related macular degeneration and the type of defects visible.
3) The use of color contrast testing in diabetic retinopathy and type of defects and long-term changes.
4) The use of color contrast testing in glaucoma and type of defects and long term changes in monitoring progression
5) The use of color contrast testing in other retinal diseases and types of defects and long-term changes.