Join Eye Deserve More
Healthy vision cannot be taken for granted. The AOA’s Eye Deserve More campaign brings this important health reality to every American—that everyone deserves comprehensive eye care from an AOA doctor as a part of their overall health and well-being. We are activating the public to take control of their own eye care and spread the word about its importance to others.
For Eye Deserve More’s inaugural year, the AOA partnered with professional surfer Caroline Marks and professional basketball player, Tacko Fall, to show the critical role doctors of optometry play in keeping Americans healthy. We shared real-life stories from AOA doctors emphasizing the importance of the doctor-patient relationship; earned prominent media attention in top national and local news outlets, garnering more than 2.5B impressions and 3K media placements; created social and digital ads to drive action, receiving 26M impressions and 91K clicks to the doctor locator compared to 7,000 visits in 2020; and developed more than 50 social posts educating the general public about the importance of prioritizing eye health.
In 2022, we’ll be upleveling our campaign with a focus on the role doctors of optometry play in keeping our eyes healthy throughout our screen-dominant lives. With the popularity of gaming and screen time on the rise, we’re continuing the campaign momentum to let people know that AOA doctors can help patients enjoy all the gaming, scrolling and streaming they love—ensuring Americans get checked offline to stay healthy online.
Want to get involved? Get in touch!
The AOA is looking for doctors to join us in championing annual eye exams, bringing more and more people to doctors of optometry for their comprehensive eye care.
- Do you have an inspiring patient story around screen time, gaming or computer vision syndrome?
- Do you have a noteworthy patient relationship with a gamer?
- Do you consider yourself a gamer?
- Eye Deserve More Assets: Full suite of campaign resources and materials, including digital ads, creative assets and social media content. Also includes a sizzle reel that highlights 2021 campaign results and previews plans for 2022.
- Monthly Social Media Calendar: Use the monthly social media calendar to easily plan and schedule content in advance. Every month, the AOA will update the calendar to include social posts, images and customizable content that coincides with AOA’s own activities. We ask all partners to organically post on their social channels each month.
- Patient recruitment guidelines: As part of the AOA’s Eye Deserve More campaign, we are looking for doctors and patients who would be interested in sharing their stories. Your how-to guide to collecting patient testimonials.
Read the stories that have already been shared.
Share your story in the form below or submit it via email to Yakesha Cooper, AOA’s public relations manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For 24 years, the National Optometry Hall of Fame has recognized and honored doctors of optometry who have made significant and enduring contributions to the optometric profession.