Nominations for the 2020 National Optometry Hall of Fame are now being accepted online with inductees to be honored at Optometry's Meeting ® 2020 , June 24-28, in National Harbor, Maryland/Washington, D.C. The deadline for online submissions is Jan. 31, 2020.
Administered by Optometry Cares ®—The AOA Foundation , the National Optometry Hall of Fame has recognized outstanding doctors of optometry who have made long-lasting contributions to the profession since 1998.
Who's eligible for nomination?
Doctors may be nominated for one of two categories: Academia or Private Practice/Federal Service. Nominees must meet specific criteria for either category, but general eligibility requirements state that nominees must:
- Have more than 30 years' service in the profession.
- Be involved in optometric clinical care, private practice, federal service, academia, research or industry.
- Have records of dedicated service and lifetime achievements or contributions.
- Must be a resident of the United States.
Access the online nomination forms. National Optometry Hall of Fame nominations are valid for consideration for four consecutive years. All nominees should be prepared to provide these further materials for consideration:
- Nominee's curriculum vitae.
- Minimum of two letters of support.
- Photo of nominee if available (current headshot preferred).
Contact the AOA Foundation at 314.983.4200 or send an email to Foundation@aoa.org if you have questions about the nomination process.
The profession’s premier meeting ended Saturday in Chicago after four days of contemporary education, impactful networking, professional leadership, and all-around fun. See what you missed.