Workshop: How to utilize retirement plans as an optometric practice owner
Hiring new employees for an optometry practice is more competitive than ever. To attract the best candidates, one of the most enticing factors can be the benefits that are offered, including adding top-tier retirement plans to prospective employees. Picking the right retirement plan is not only beneficial to the business, but it can help the practice owner as well.
Starting a retirement plan for your practice can introduce a number of questions. For instance, practice owners may want to know how to set up the accounts, what costs are involved, or what plan might be most beneficial for small business owners.
On Wednesday, September 21st, 2022 at 8pm ET, Equitable will partner with AOAExcel to present the “How to Utilize Retirement Plans as an Optometric Practice Owner” workshop. This workshop presents a great opportunity to talk with an expert and ask any questions you may have pertaining to utilizing retirement plans.
Topics that will be covered include:
- How ODs can utilize retirement plans to reduce taxable income
- Understanding your options for employee eligibility
- Understanding set-up & administrative costs
- How offering employees retirement account options can be beneficial for your optometric practice
- Information on popular plans for optometric small businesses such as SEP IRA, Safe Harbor, Simple IRA, & Traditional 401K
- Plans for solo ODs vs. private optometric practice owners
- How AOA members can receive a complimentary retirement plan consultation
AOA members are encouraged to ask Retirement Specialist Nathanael Kelly questions during the workshop or submit a question ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make plans to join us on Wednesday, September 21st at 8pm ET and have your best questions ready! Register here.
Workshop—Recent Retirement Plan Changes: What Optometric Practice Owners Need to Know
AOAExcel presents an opportunity for AOA members to ask questions about retirement planning and the new Secure 2.0 Act
The most important thing to know about retirement savings planning
AOAExcel checked in with Nathanael Kelley of our endorsed business partner Equitable to discuss pertinent questions that ODs need to know.
The OD Practice Owner’s Guide to Retirement Savings
Discover the retirement savings plans that are available to you and your employees.