2021 Grad Career Launch Giveaway
AOAExcel® is proud to partner with the AOSA to present the 2021 Grad Career Launch Giveaway!
AOAExcel ® is proud to partner with the AOSA to present the 2021 Grad Career Launch Giveaway!
Follow three easy steps and receive a limited-edition, long-sleeved T-shirt compliments of the AOSA and AOAExcel along with an AOAExcel beanie.
Who is eligible? Any optometry student who is currently enrolled in an accredited optometry school within the United States or Puerto Rico and is scheduled to graduate in 2021.
Contest begins on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021, and ends on Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
How to enter:
- Create an AOAExcel Career Center account.
- Upload your resume.
- Fill out the form below to let us know you entered.
For additional entries you may also:
- Create a job alert—Perform a search within the Career Center and click “Create a Job Alert” to have career openings with these criteria emailed directly to you as they become available.
- Set your resume visibility to ‘public’—This allows hiring managers and recruiters to contact you directly and can be done after uploading your resume during the account creation process or by editing your profile after your account has been created.
So what else can you win? One of the amazing prize packs below.
Signing up gets you:
Prize pack no. 1:
Prize pack no. 2:
*Color may vary from photo shown.
Prize-pack winners will be drawn and notified via email on April 7, 2021.
Frequently asked questions
Please read our frequently asked questions below. If your question is still not answered you may reach out to AOAExcel at AOAExcel@aoa.org.
- How do I create an AOAExcel Career Center account?
- Sign in to your AOA/AOSA account. Your default username is your AOA/AOSA member number. If you have forgotten your username, you may request it using the email address on file. If you have forgotten your password, you may reset it. If you have trouble logging in or do not believe you have an account, please contact us at AOAExcel@aoa.org for assistance.
- You will then be redirected to complete your Career Center profile. Complete the necessary fields and upload your resume.
- What if I have already registered for an AOAExcel Career Center account? Can I still enter the contest?
Yes, of course! Simply ensure that you have uploaded your resume (and create a job alert & set your profile to ‘public’ if you would like additional entries) and fill out the entry form to enter.
- I graduate in 2022, can I still enter the contest?
No, this contest is only open to optometry students who are set to graduate in 2021. Please follow AOAExcel on LinkedIn & Twitter and keep an eye on our website for contests involving the Class of 2022.
- What if I am enrolled in an optometry school in Canada?
Unfortunately, we are only able to ship items within the United States and Puerto Rico. Optometry students enrolled in Canada are not eligible to participate.
- How do I set my resume to ‘public’ and what does that mean? Who will have access to my resume?
When asked to upload your resume during the account creation process, you will be given the option to set your Profile Visibility to Employers to 'public, confidential or private.' Choosing ‘public’ allows employers and recruiters with an active listing within the AOAExcel Career Center to view your resume and contact you directly. Your resume is not viewable by any employer who does not have an active listing within the AOAExcel Career Center.
If you have already created an AOAExcel Career Center account, log in and click “Update Visibility” under the first profile box. Select ‘public’, hit “Save & Continue” and then “Apply Changes” to update your profile to public.
- What is a ‘Job Alert’ and how do I create one?
A 'Job Alert' allows you to create a customized search within the AOAExcel Career Center and have these results emailed directly to your inbox as new positions become available. In order to create a 'Job Alert,' simply perform a search within the Career Center and click the “Create Job Alert” button. You can customize alerts by keywords, location, discipline, school, type and experience level. 'Job Alerts' are a great way to stay on top of newly added listings within the AOAExcel Career Center.
- How can I increase my chances of winning a prize pack or the grand prize?
Choosing to set your profile to ‘public’ after uploading your resume or creating a 'Job Alert' will both gain you additional entries into the contest and maximize your chances of winning a prize pack or the grand prize.
- When will I receive my limited-edition ‘Class of 2021’ long-sleeved T-shirt and AOAExcel beanie?
Your long-sleeved T-shirt and beanie will be shipped within two weeks of receiving your contest entry.
- How will I know if I have won a prize pack and how will the winners be notified?
Prize-pack and grand-prize winners will be randomly drawn on April 7, 2021. Winners will be notified via the email address given at time of entry. All prizes will be mailed by April 21, 2021, to the address provided on the entry form.
- What if I need different sizes for the long-sleeved T-shirt, sweatpants and/or Nike hoodie? The entry form only allows for one size preference.
Please request a size for the long-sleeved T-shirt on the entry form. If you win additional prizes such as the AOAExcel sweatpants or Nike Therma-Fit hoodie, we will contact you in advance to obtain sizes for each item.
- What is AOAExcel?
Glad you asked! AOAExcel provides personal and professional resources that allow doctors of optometry to practice and flourish with confidence. AOAExcel’s endorsed business partners have been carefully vetted to meet the unique needs of AOA members nationwide and provide products and services such as malpractice insurance, student loan refinancing, retirement savings options and disability and life insurance.
- What is AOSA?
The American Optometric Student Association (AOSA) represents more than 6,700 students from all 25 schools and colleges of optometry. The AOSA is the guiding force that leads students into successful and impactful careers by providing tools and resources to thrive as doctors of optometry. The AOSA is an affiliate of the American Optometric Association. When students join the AOSA during optometry school, they also become a member of the AOA and a state association affiliate.
- This invitation to participate in the contest is for Class of 2021 students enrolled in an accredited optometry school within the 50 United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico (the Territory). Merchandise and prizes available to ship to the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico (the Territory) only. Recruiters, staffing companies and other third-party consultants are not eligible. Limit one prize pack per person, per account. Merchandise items and sizes are subject to availability, while supplies last. There is no registration fee to create an AOAExcel Career Center account. No purchase necessary. This offer expires March 31, 2021.
- Agreement to rules. By participating, you agree to be fully, unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decision of AOAExcel, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state and /or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substation of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for AOAExcel to use winner’s name, likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Limitation of liability. By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless AOAExcel and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; and (vi) failure to receive notice (malfunctioning email, malfunctioning mail and more).
- Rights granted by you. By entering this contest you understand that the AOAExcel, anyone acting on behalf of the AOAExcel, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND STATE OF MISSOURI, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in St. Louis, Missouri having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased the odds of winning depend on the number of participants in the drawing.
Despite its name, the National Association of Optometrists and Opticians is a “front” for large optical retailers, working against the interests of doctors of optometry and comprehensive vision care for patients, the AOA contends in a Jan. 5 letter sent to the Internal Revenue Service.
Access new myopia management guidance from AOA, Johnson & Johnson Vision and other stakeholders to learn how myopia care is evolving and optometry’s role.