- Paraoptometric Certification Exams
- CPC Approved Continuing Education
- Finding and Reporting Continuing Education
- Paraoptometric Membership
- Paraoptometric Newsletters
- EyeLearn: Professional Development Hub
- Paraoptometric Volunteer Opportunities
- Paraoptometric Awards
- Paraoptometric Recruitment and Retention
- Step by Step Application Checklist
Introduction to Scleral Contact Lens Fitting and Practice
Scleral lenses are the fastest growing segment of the gas permeable (GP) contact lens industry, and for good reason. From keratoconus to trauma to healthy eyes, sclerals are making a profound impact on our patients' quality of life. This course is for optometrists, optometry students, and paraoptometrics who are new to fitting scleral contact lenses.
Learn about the priority federal issues that hundreds of optometrists and optometry students will take to Capitol Hill as part of optometry’s single-largest annual advocacy gathering, April 14-16, and how you can join.
Although about 13% of the U.S. population is Black, they are woefully underrepresented in optometry. They represent about 2% of practicing doctors of optometry and a little over 3% of full-time students in optometry schools and colleges, according to studies. Black doctors of optometry seek to grow those numbers.